Thursday, January 14, 2010

Extra Credit- 3 poem comments

Gilded seahorses escape the carousel
This poem is showing the comparison of a seahorse to the human brain. It is showing how we all long for freedom and happiness. Our lives are like a carousel that keep going round and round like circles, yet we still want freedom along the way. I really liked this poem. In the picture I do see two sea horses facing one another.


rorschach plaat # 10
This poem is definitely very metaphoric. It is trying to describe a certain animal or species, but I can't quite put my finger on what animal it is. The picture looks like a crab or spider.. but the description doesn't really match that.


The Jawbone
This poem is describing the biblical story of Mary and the birth of jesus. An angel comes to announce to her that she is expecting a child. The husband of Mary prays that this son would change the way his people lived and their beliefs. Jesus came to earth and saved many people, yet killed many foes. I do see the picture of a jawbone. I guess the jawbone describes jesus mouth and how powerful his words were in changing the world.

1 comment:

  1. Not jesus, my dear do-do head, but samson! A ood job on the others

    ReplyDelete